Sunday, January 13, 2008

Thing 22

I was so excited to get use this "thing." I uploaded photos that were already on flickr. I wanted to use my own music but I could seem to get the computer to recognize it when I tried to upload it to Animoto. I didn't have any trouble uploading my photos. It was so easy that I can't wait to create more video's. I know my daughter is going to love this as much as I do.

I'm not sure how students in elementary could use it, but I have several ideas for teachers and librarians. School celebrations such as Children's Book Week, book parades, etc you could quickly create a video and upload it to the school website. When I taught 6th grade, I would create a cd for each student with photos taken throughout the year. Then on graduation day I would play the video for the first time. Their parents got to see it with their children. Everyone loved it and to this day I treasure those cd's. I have also had fun creating end of the year slide shows or videos for the faculty. The one I created last year lasted about 20 minutes and the teachers thought it was great. I may check into fees for creating longer video's on Animoto. The first video I created had too many photos and I realized after it was created that the bride and groom were left out of the feed. I did a remix without removing any photos and it still left them out. Well, I plan to go back, create more videos, and figure out how to get my music uploaded. This was one of the more enjoyable "things" on the list of 23 things.

1 comment:

mmw said...

cool video!