Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Thing 19

I created an account with mindmeister and looked at other individuals work. I like that it had tags to help narrow my search, but the majority of examples are from another country and written in a foreign language. I do like the idea of using mind maps. My campus is implementing Thinking Maps this year and mind maps are very similar. Mindmeister only allows straight lines and sometimes I prefer to use bubbles or t charts.

Gliffy looks wonderful on the home page, but once I registered I couldn't figure out how to make the samples shown. I went to the home page and watched the demo. When I went in to create a document, I still couldn't find a help button. Flowcharts are similar to the mind maps. Flowcharts allow more freedom with the set up and I like that much better. It is also more attractive which is important when working with students.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the mention of Gliffy and giving it a try. Some people feel that our Forums are a great way to get started or get un-stuck when using Gliffy. www.gliffy.com/forums
Again, thanks for blogging about us, we appreciate the feedback!
debik at gliffy dot com