Friday, January 11, 2008

Thing 20

I started looking around youtube for something I would like to show in my post. I love Mo Willems' Don't Let The Pigeon Drive The Bus so I started searching. I wasn't sure what I would find, but I did have a few hits. It was mostly parents or schools reading the story. My favorite was a father reading to his two girls. It was great because one girl kept telling the pigeon "no" to everything he asked. I love to see parents reading to the children and getting the kids involved.

Our teacher's use powermediaplus frequently, but it is limited. It would be nice to have video clips of children's books being read for younger children. For high school this might be a great tool for theater classes or, as a project, students could create commercials based on books.
Below is a video about Strega Nona by Tomie Depaola.

No comments: