Saturday, January 19, 2008

Summary

I finally made it to the end! What a journey I have been on for a few months. I have enjoyed most of the assignments and feel more aware of the services the Internet has to offer. I feel more confident with my computer skills and expect to be a leader on my campus. I am going to encourage my campus to take this course as well.

I must say Animoto was by far my favorite of all. I kept going back and creating more videos. Now my daughter wants to get started. Several things that will be useful to me and my campus are wiki's, mind maps such as Gliffy, social bookmarking, and online productivity tools. It is going to take time for me to learn these new tools and become comfortable using them. I think the one assignment I had the most issues with was creating a myspace page. I just have such negative feelings about myspace. I'm sure it comes from the negative tones set by the media, so I don't know if I will keep my page.

The "things" weren't difficult and the discovery resources were easy to understand and follow. They made the assignment easier to complete. I do think it would have been helpful to meet, as a group, about halfway through the assignments. I noticed several people had not done many assignments until the holidays and several had questions or needed help. I would love to see a PFK course later that builds upon this one or that is similar. Now that I have completed this course, I will begin sharing it with my campus.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Actually, there is going to be a staff development offering this summer. Coming soon!!

abclibrarian said...

I agree with you about Animoto. It is so much fun and it is so easy. The next time that a teacher asks to use the cameras for a class project, I am going to suggest they that use Animoto to display the pictures that they take. The students will love this. I also agree with you about MySpace and Facebook. I think that it is very useful in some situations. For instance, it was helpful when my daughter was trying to find a roommate for college. But, I personally don't feel that I need to have an account. I am glad that I learned about them though.