Sunday, October 28, 2007

Thing 7

I have been exploring the Google's web tools for two days now. There are so many options with each tool that it is going to take a while to really understand how to use them. I tried to understand how to add a link to my blog so that others could view my iGoogle, but I didn't figure it out yet. Google calendar was really easy to get started. It is similar to other computer calendars and is very user friendly. I added iGoogle to my tabs on my Yahoo account. I like being able to customize my own homepage. Now, I can control what information comes up. I selected several areas that were of interest to me.

I think the calendar would be especially useful for teachers to keep track of events, testing, meetings, and more. Teachers always have so many dates to remember that it would be great to list them in one place and be able to merge it with their own calendar. Plus, they can access the calendar wherever they can get interet access.

Google alerts would be an excellent tool for studnets to use in Social Studies. Sixth grade is World History and much of the information is constantly changing. They could set up alerts for countries they study throughout the school year.

The Google Notebook would be an excellent tool for research projects. Students can locate information and add it to their notebook. They can organize the information as needed. All the data is kept in one location and will make their final project much easier when it comes time to put it all together. My daughter will be using this for her project on Montana.

1 comment:

mmw said...

I used Google Notebook when researching things to do on our vacation this summer. It was great to have all the links right there in one place for me.

You're doing a great job!