Thursday, November 1, 2007

Thing 8

For a while now I have wondered about the RSS button. I finally know what it is and I am using it. It was very easy to set it up and add url's to my page. I have always enjoyed reading the news and now it is even better. I am able to link to what I want to read without getting a lot of information that I don't want. RSS usually allows the user to be very specific in what information it delivers. Plus, I can delete it whenever I choose to.

As a teacher, it would be especially helpful in social studies. Many countries are frequently changing names or leaders and RSS feeds can keep students and teachers posted about countries they are researching without a lot of other news. Personally, I am using it to stay on top of new cars (I'm shopping around), new technologies, and news events. As a librarian, I want to be able to see when new books are released. I have a feed for Book Sense and now I am trying to add an RSS feed from the NYTimes bestseller list. I am having a little trouble finding the url for this particular site.

Here is a link to my Bloglines account.
I can't remember when I created this account, but I need to work on it soon. This is the link to my public page with Google Reader. http://www.google.com/reader/shared/01366153850376477684?hl=en

No comments: