Friday, December 28, 2007

Thing 14

I find it very interesting that library 2.0 is intended to include library users as well as the web site creator to provide information and feedback. This would be an excellent way to make certain the library is meeting the needs of the community. The Librarians 2.0 Manifesto was relevant to me and I could relate to many of the ideas. It listed some items that affect me personally and I have areas I need to work on such as proposing new services even though some of my colleagues may be resistant. Web 2.0 is new to me, but it has been around for a while now. I do believe it is going to change the way we use the Internet. Many people use the Internet to connect with others and Web 2.0 is the way to go.

Library 2.0 means I need to be up to date with up to date with technology in order to serve my patrons. It will help me reach more individuals and improve my program by listening to their feedback. I think Library 2.0 has many possibilities for the future of libraries. To start, it will allow users to interact with librarians without having to be face-to-face. I would love to see authors using it to interact with the public especially if it were a public school library participating in literature circles.

No comments: