Friday, December 28, 2007

Thing 13

I think I am really going to enjoy using del.icio.us. Many times I have wanted to share websites with faculty members, but had to go back to my workstation to find the url and then post it to an email. This is going to be a great way to share helpful websites with my faculty. Once I create my account, I will send the link to everyone so they can explore del.icio.us and my bookmarks. Personally, I have needed something like this in the past. When I am having to use a computer other than my personal one, it is sometimes difficult to remember url's or find the page I am looking for. I see this web tool as being very useful for educators everywhere. TLA is coming up soon and I hope many of the presenters are aware of social bookmarking. Many times we get a handout with several links and it would be much easier to give one link to find the rest of the websites.

1 comment:

mmw said...

I haven't seen many presenters using social bookmarking, but a lot of them are using wikis to post their handouts online. You'll learn about them in thing #15.